Dr. TUSHAR JADHAV
Surgical Oncologist and Breast Oncoplastic Surgeon
M.B.B.S, M.S (General Surgery), M.Ch (Breast Oncoplasty), DNB- Surgical Oncology, EBSQ – Breast Surgery
Dr. Tushar Jadhav, Chief Oncosurgeon and Director of MBC, is a qualified Surgical Oncologist and Breast Oncoplastic Surgeon by The European Board of Surgeons.
– M.B.B.S, M.S (General Surgery)- Mumbai University
– DNB Surgical Oncology (Chittaranjan national cancer Institute, Kolkata under National Board of Examinations, New Delhi)
– M.Ch (Breast Oncoplasty, University of East Anglia, UK)- Ongoing
– European board Of Surgery Qualification ( EBSQ)- Breast Surgery
– Global fellow (IFHNOS, MSKCC, USA)
– Fellow (Breast and Thoracic Services –Tata memorial hospital, Mumbai)
– National Fellow in Palliative Medicine (Calicut, India)
– Fellow in Breast Oncoplasty and ADM reconstruction (London, UK)
– Fellow in Senology and Breast Surgery ( MHDCC, Dusseldorf, Germany)
1. ESSO course of Advanced breast Oncoplasty, Naples, Italy
2. Breast Oncoplasty and ADM reconstruction Guys Hospital, Kings College of Medicine, University of London, U.K.
3. Breast Implants and Microvascular Flap Reconstructions NUH, Singapore
4. Breast Oncoplastic reconstruction, MHDCC, Dusseldorf, Germany (Prof W Aldratech)
5. Image-guided breast surgery- ESSO – Barcelona, Spain
6. ESSO Course in HIPEC after CRS (ESSO- Hamburg, Germany)
1. European Society of surgical Oncology (ESSO)
2. Society of Surgical Oncology (SSO)
3. Association of Breast Surgeons of India (ABSI)
4. Indian Association of Surgical Oncology (IASO)
5. Associations of Surgeon of India (ASI)
6. Indian Medical Association (IMA)
7. Association of Mumbai consultants ( AMC)
1. Director and Senior Consultant surgical oncology – Mumbai Breast Care
2. Empaneled Consultant ( surgical Oncology) – Mumbai Cancer Care
3. Honorary Associate professor, Surgical Oncology, JJ Groups Of Hospital, Grant medical College,Mumbai
4. Consultant – Reliance Hospital- Navi Mumbai, Fortis Hospital- Vashi, SL Raheja Hospital- Mahim, Apollo Spectra- Mumbai Central & chembur, Gurunanak Trust Hospital, Bandra , HCG oncology ( Colaba and Borivali) Jupiter Hospital, Thane and Vedant Hospital-Thane, Nanavati Hospital- vile parle.
1. Consultant – Surgical oncology ( Sevenhills Hospital- Andheri, Fortis hospital – Vashi)
2. Ex-Tumor Board Secretary, Sevenhills Hospital, Mumbai
3. Lecturer for Nursing training, Sevenhills Hospital and Nursing college
1. Principle Co Investigator- TRI0702- Multicenter, Open label, Phase III-b Randomized clinical trial for Enoxaparin in inoperable gastric and esophageal cancers
2. Axillary sampling Vs SLNB ( Dye technique) in N0 Axilla in Breast Cancer
3. Incidence of level 3 axillary LN mets in relation to level 1 and 2 LN status in a Breast Cancer
1. Role of primary progesterone therapy in early Breast Cancer Prospective study for evaluation of DFS and OS
2. Three field Radical esophagectomy versus two field Esophagectomy – Prospective Randomized Controlled Trial
3. Role of palliative gastrectomy in metastatic gastric carcinoma
4. Impact of awareness of Breast self-examination in diagnosing Breast diseases in community
I) Abdominoscrotal Hydrocoele – A rare presentation in BHJ( ISSN-05240182)-Vol. 46 / 2005
ii) Isolated Hydatid cyst of the lesser sac- BHJ ( ISSN – 05240182)-Vol No.48 /2006.
iii) Dopamine by acting through its D2 receptors inhibits IGF-I induced gastric cancer cell proliferation by upregulating Krüppel like factor 4 through down regulation of IGF-IR and AKT phosphorylation- American Journal of Pathology, Vol 117, No.6,Dec 2010.
iv) Indications of thyroidectomy in a case of laryngeal carcinoma ( American Journal of Otorhinolaryngology.)- The link to article:-http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs12070-012-0530-9
1. Gold medal (ENT) – III/I MBBS final examinations-2001, Shivaji University, Kolhapur.
2. Gold Medal (Ophthalmology)-III/I/ MBBS final examinations-2001, Shivaji University.
3. University Rank I in III final examinations, MBBS, Shivaji University ,Kolhapur.
4. University I rank-MS (General Surgery) examinations-2007, Mumbai University, Mumbai
YouTube Video Link– https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCY01NU6aTuJ0qIjy71wACA
During the career of 10 years as Surgical oncologist, he has treated successfully more than 1000 breast cancer , 300+ chemoport insertions and more than 700 head –neck cases independently. He is skilled in various oncosurgeries like excisional biopsies, breast conservation surgeries with advanced oncoplastic reconstructions, skin sparing/ Nipple sparing / radical mastectomies with immediate whole breast reconstructions , reduction oncomammoplasties, Nipple areolar reconstruction, mammo localisation and guided excision of breast lesions, sentinel LN biopsy, Axillary sampling, microdochectomies, chemoport insertions, supraclavicular fossa clearance, internal mammary LN clearance , chest wall excision and thoracoplasty , Composite resection with reconstruction, Lip excisions and reconstructions, Total / Hemi thyroidectomy, Parathyroidectomy, total /voice preserving partial laryngectomy, hemi/total glossectomy , various radical and Modified radical Neck dissections, mediastinal mass excision etc. He is a National Fellowship in Palliative Medicine enabling to deliver optimum care to terminally ill cancer patients. He is known as humble, soft spoken ,compassionate clinician and a skilled surgeon. He believes in ethical practice and team work. He is instrumental in organising many CMEs and National conferences interested in academics. He keeps himself updated with recent advances and stays well versed with subject by involving actively in national and international conferences, reading journals and publications.
Areas of Special Interests
– Breast conservation surgery with advanced Oncoplastic reconstruction
– Delayed and Immediate whole breast reconstructions
– Reduction oncomammoplasty
– Sentinel Lymph node biopsy and tailormade axillary approach
– NAC reconstruction
– Intraoperative RT techniques.
– Image-guided Breast surgery
– Minimal Invasive /Robotic approaches axilla
– Prophylactic breast surgeries and implant based reconstructions
– Organ preservation protocols
Posts by Dr. Tushar Jadhav
Exponential increased incidence of breast cancer has put breast cancer as most common cancer in women in urban India and second most common in rural…